9. Microsoft’s Track Record
You need only look at the seventh generation of gaming to see how well Microsoft are doing. By releasing around a year before the PS3, the 360 took a huge chunk of the market share it previously struggled to claw from Sony’s grasp, and though still a little ways away from the Wii’s dominance, it left the PS3 in the dust for a long time. It’s only in the last year or so that Sony has managed to catch up to the 360.
While Sony remains adamant that they won’t make the same mistakes as last time, the track record is certainly in Microsoft’s favour for again trumping Sony. Sure, they’re going to have to step up as Sony will be bringing out their biggest guns, but one wouldn’t expect Microsoft to be getting complacent at this stage anyway.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on April 29, 2013