Single Charts: Cheryl Cole #1 In UK, Carly Rae Jepsen Tops US Billboard

95% of artists would like to be on them, the other 5% say they don't but secretly yearn for a shot at the bigtime.

The charts. 95% of artists would like to be on them, the other 5% say they don't but secretly yearn for a shot at the bigtime. The charts represent what the public are buying right now and what their tastes are at the moment (or at least what's had the most hype/promotion/radio play). Here (and hopefully for every week from now on) are the top 10 singles's of the 3 major English-speaking chart markets - the USA, UK and Australia. Plus, as an added bonus, I'll be giving you a run-down of all the number ones everywhere else plus a music video of one of the ones you've probably never heard of on that list. BONUS. So have a gander at what the world thinks is prime musical pie... Quick Overview - Lots of name calling and whistle blowing is apparently on Earth's agenda. In the (Call Me) Maybe corner, Carly Rae finally gets to number one in America 2 months after everywhere else whilst in the (Call My) Name side is Cheryl storming to the top of the UK charts with the highest opening sales figures for a week this year. Impressive now but she better hope she doesn't plummet next week. Over in Aussie land, Flo Rida is still number one for a 5th week so we can say yes. Australians would like to blow his whistle. Ahem. He's number one in Sweden and New Zealand too so clearly there's a worldwide whistle blowing epidemic at the moment. Geez...

USA - Billboard Top 10 (Charts released Wed/Thurs)

#1 | †‘1 | Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe #2 | †“1 | Gotye ft. Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know #3 | = | Maroon 5 ft. Wiz Khalifa - Payphone #4 | = | fun. ft. Janelle Monae - We Are Young #5 | †‘1 | One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful #6 | †“1 | Nicki Minaj - Starships #7 | = | Flo Rida ft. Sia - Wild Ones #8 | †‘1 | Rihanna - Where Have You Been #9 | †‘10 | Katy Perry - Wide Awake #10 | †“2 | Justin Bieber - Boyfriend

UK Charts Top 10 (Released on Sundays)

#1 | NE | Cheryl Cole - Call My Name #2 | = | Flo Rida - Whistle #3 | †“2 | Gary Barlow & The Commonwealth Band - Sing #4 | †‘4 | Coldplay & Rihanna - Princess of China #5 | †‘1 | Rudimental ft. John Newman - Feel the Love #6 | †“3 | fun. ft Janelle Monae - We Are Young #7 | †“1 | DJ Fresh ft. Dizzee Rascal - The Power #8 | †“3 | Usher - Scream #9 | NE | Precision Tunes - Payphone #10 | †“3 | Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe

AUS - ARIA Chart Top 10 (Released on Sunday/Mondays)

#1 | = | Flo Rida - Whistle #2 | NE | Karise Eden - Hallelujah #3 | †“1 | Maroon 5 ft. Wiz Khalifa - Payphone #4 | †“1 | Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe #5 | †‘1 | Rudimental ft. John Newman - Feel the Love #6 | †“1 | Chris Brown - Don't Wake Me Up #7 | †“1 | Gym Class Heroes ft. Ryan Tedder - The Fighter #8 | †“1 | Ed Sheeran - Lego House #9 | †‘11 | Rita Ora - Party (How We Do) #10 | †‘23 | Nicki Minaj - Pound The Alarm

The Rest of the World

Austria (–3 Austria): Loreen - Euphoria Belgium (Ultratop): Sam Sparro - Happiness (Flanders), Gotye ft. Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know (Wallonia) Canada (Billboard Canada): Maroon 5 ft. Wiz Khalifa - PayphoneDenmark (Tracklisten): Loreen - EuphoriaFrance (French SNEP): Gusttavo Lima - BaladaGermany (Media Control Charts): Loreen - Euphoria Hungary (Mahasz): Train - Drive ByIreland (IRMA): Cheryl Cole - Call My NameItaly (FIMI): Gusttavo Lima - BaladaJapan (Billboard Hot 100): Arashi - Your EyesNetherlands (Dutch Top 40): Gusttavo Lima - BaladaNew Zealand (RIANZ): Flo Rida - WhistleRomania (Billboard Romania): Gotye ft. Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To KnowSouth Africa (Mediaguide): John Legend ft. Ludacris - Best You Ever HadSouth Korea (Gaon Singles): BIGBANG - MonsterSpain (PROMUSICAE) : Cali & El Dandee - Yo te esparéSweden (Sverigtopplistan): Flo Rida - WhistleUnknown International #1 of the WeekGusttavo Lima - Balada http://youtu.be/rwDLu_u2GHI Currently Number 1 in France, Italy & the Netherlands. He likes to make little baby chick sounds. Or at least that's what I took from that... Your Thoughts?
Want to write about Cheryl Cole, Carly Rae Jepsen, Flo Rida, Gusttavo Lima and Music Charts? Get started below...

Create Content and Get Paid


Contributor
Contributor

Music. Makes The People. Come Together. Yeah (Y) So if you're reading this not because you accidentally stumbled across this article on way to the Film section then WELCOME. I am Josh and I Type Words Relating to Music, Videos To Do With Music & All That Other Stuff Too. Fascinating, isn't it? Amazeballs indeed.....