In sport there is always speculation about those individuals who have stood out even amongst the very best in their field. The competitive nature of sport leads to broken records, titles, rankings and generally sorting out the very “best” from the merely “one of the best”. Across all sports there are those legends whose achievements have left audiences awe bound and opponents broken, they break all the records and kindle the question, are they really the best ever?
In tennis there have been many greats, each achieving amazing feats and standing out as significantly better than the rest. Most tennis fans would agree that a list comprising these greats would include Borg, McEnroe, Sampras, Agassi, Laver and several other heroes of the game. There is one man however, still playing today, who has raised the question more than ever. This man of course is the Swiss maestro Roger Federer. So, is Roger Federer really the best player of all time?
Here we comprise a list of 5 reasons that suggest he is indeed the best of all time, considering achievement as well as personal qualities as a tennis professional.
Click “Next” to begin.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on August 8, 2013