After losing his Dutch talisman, Arsene Wenger’s thoughts must now turn to finding a suitable replacement for the man who contributed 30 goals in Arsenal’s 3rd place sealing 2011/12 campaign. The importance of these goals were unquestionable in the Gunner’s maintenance of their Champions League status for a 15th successive season.
Aside from a goalscorer, Wenger has also lost his captain, a role Van Persie filled following the exit of Cesc Fabregas last summer and even the most die hard Arsenal fans cannot deny that his presence at the club will be missed.
However, the club must collectively and swiftly move on as they start the new season. Olivier Giroud has already been added to the squad following his Ligue 1 success with Montpellier last season, although early performances suggest he may struggle to fill the boots of the man dubbed ‘RVP’.
In this report, I count down 7 of the men Wenger should be monitoring if he hopes to find a man to replace the goals of Robin Van Persie.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
- 50 Sexiest Women You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 10 Great Footballers Who Made Terrible Managers
- 100 Greatest Premier League Players Of All Time
- 50 Great Footballers Who Ruled 2012
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings