Aston Villa have confirmed their top scorer of last season, Christian Benteke has requested a move away from Villa Park.
The 6’4″ Belgian striker netted 19 goals for relegation-threatened Aston Villa in his debut Premier League season to help Paul Lambert’s side pull away from the bottom three. Benteke has subsequently been linked to club’s finishing much higher in their leagues than the Villans.
Here are five clubs Christian Benteke has been linked to recently:
5. Tottenham Hotspur
With Emmanuel Adebayor being a flop in his first season (25 Premier League appearances, 5 goals) at White Hart Lane following his permanent transfer from Manchester City, André Villas-Boas’ side have strongly been linked with a move for Christian Benteke.
The Belgian striker played the sole striker role well at Aston Villa in being able to hold the ball up and bring both forwards; Andreas Weimann and Gabriel Agbonlahor into play from the wings.
With André Villas-Boas playing a sole striker, Benteke would fit into the system perfectly, bringing in Gareth Bale from the left, Aaron Lennon from the right and Clint Dempsey behind.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on July 9, 2013