With Chelsea forward Daniel Sturridge all set to join Liverpool in a £12million deal sometime this week or next, manager Rafa Benitez – or more likely the clubs hierarchy – are going to have to start contemplating who is going to fill the boots of the 23 year old.
For when the Englishman does eventually move, Fernando Torres will be the only remaining out and out striker at Stamford Bridge. Yes, Juan Mata has chipped in with the goals this season (he is the clubs second highest scorer) but given the former Liverpool star’s ugly track-record for inconsistency in front of goal, it is practically imperative that Chelsea do not rely on him to perform and buy in a strike partner.
The £12million from the Daniel Sturridge sale will almost certainly be used for reinvestment in the squad, so now the question remains – who should Chelsea buy? Plenty of players have been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge as the Transfer Window opens in just a few short days – some of them practical, some of them not so much.
Here are 5 players we believe could replace Daniel Sturridge at Chelsea.
Click “Next” to read our picks.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on December 29, 2012