4. Wesley Sneijder
Another player who could help Chelsea catch United and also really get under the champion’s noses in the process is Galatasaray midfielder Wesley Sneijder.
The Dutch international has been a long-term transfer target for the Red Devils in the past, and a switch from Turkey to the Bridge would really put their noses out of joint.
The 29-year-old only joined the Avrupa Fatihi in January but that doesn’t mean a move to Chelsea is any less likely. In fact, Netherlands boss Louis van Gaal has urged him to do just that.
With a World Cup coming up in just 12 months, van Gaal has insinuated the midfielder would stand a better chance of factoring into his plans if he was plying his trade in London, and with 2,122 miles separating Holland from Turkey, the boss would be able to “keep an eye” on Sneijder.
“Sneijder to Chelsea is just a rumour at the moment.
“But it would be much easier for me to keep an eye on his progress if he were to make the move to Chelsea.
“I could be at Chelsea within an hour from Netherlands and Mourinho is a friend of mine.”
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on July 2, 2013