This isn’t particularly funny. It’s just really impressive to see how good Thomas Hitzlsperger’s English accent is. The Bavarian started at local club Bayern Munich, before moving to Aston Villa where he learnt English. He returned to his native Germany for five years before moving to Lazio and then West Ham – where he was when this interview was taken.
Nicknamed ‘Der Hammer’ during his time in England, he now plays for Everton. The midfielder recently turned 30, and when he retires the FA are thought to be looking at keeping him in Liverpool so he can teach English to Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on November 27, 2012