According to the Sun, Swansea manager Michael Laudrup has told Liverpool they will have to cough up £15 million if they wish to sign midfielder Joe Allen.
New Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers thinks very highly of Joe Allen having managed him at his time at Swansea. Rodgers is now looking to take Allen with him on his next venture at Anfield although it may cost over £15 million.
Rodgers has already has a bid of £12.5 million rejected for the 22-year-old, and has been told by the current manager to improve the offer or forget the deal.
Laudrup has even said that Allen is worth as much as £20 milion:
“Joe is worth a lot of money. If one (Swansea’s new signings) is worth £17m then he is worth more, perhaps £20m or so.”
Swansea City are looking to keep Allen at the club for as along as possible as they look to start the new Premier League campaign.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
- 50 Sexiest Women You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 10 Great Footballers Who Made Terrible Managers
- 100 Greatest Premier League Players Of All Time
- 50 Great Footballers Who Ruled 2012
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings