Liverpool are believed to have had a transfer bid for Real Madrid midfielder Esteban Granero rejected by the Spanish champions, according a report in today’s Mail Online.
The 25-year-old central midfielder is known for his attacking qualities and is exactly the kind of player new manager Brendan Rodgers likes; he is a possession based passer of the ball who is skillful and has a great technique and eye for goal. He has played 67 times for Madrid’s senior team having come through the Academy ranks but has found it a struggle to break in on a consistent basis with the competition for places in the Madrid starting eleven.
Granero, who has yet to play a senior game for Spain, was believed to have been a target of Arsenal last season but was content to fight for his place in the Madrid team. One year older and just about hitting his peak, this time he might be more willing for a move to the Premier League and become a vital part of Brendan Rodgers’ new rebuilding plans.
It is not yet being reported how high Liverpool’s bid for Granero was or whether they will come back in with a second offer.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
- 50 Sexiest Women You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 10 Great Footballers Who Made Terrible Managers
- 100 Greatest Premier League Players Of All Time
- 50 Great Footballers Who Ruled 2012
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings