On Monday, Manchester United clinched an unprecedented 20th Premier League title with a routine win over Aston Villa at Old Trafford. The win is manager Sir Alex Ferguson’s 13th in total and with four games still left to play was one of the fastest championship wins on record.
The noisy neighbours Manchester City have been gagged, and all other rivals seen off in what has been a procession to the title in recent months.
Not that Ferguson will rest on his laurels and stand still – he never does. The veteran Scotsman is not one to let the grass grow beneath his feet, and if changes need to be made, he will invariably make them – that’s but one reason why the Reds have been churning out trophy after trophy on such a frequent basis over the last two decades.
In fact, Ferguson has already made plans for the new season. According to a report in the Mirror today, United are planning a £50 million spending spree over the summer as the Reds plan yet another assault on the Premier League title, and for them, what would be a 21st win.
Here, we take a look at 5 Key Signings To Win a 21st Premier League Title.
Click “Next” to begin.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on April 24, 2013