Sir Alex Ferguson had nothing if not good timing.
He had a unique ability for getting the best out of his teams, for leading, and for unprecedented success in the English game. He also knew exactly when it was time to bail.
David Moyes has inherited a Manchester United side with too many players who are over the hill or who have not lived up to their potential at Old Trafford. He now has a mammoth task of restructuring the senior side of one of the most iconic sporting organisations on the planet.
Here are the magic 7 players he needs to sell this window, to raise cash and clear out the dead-wood Ferguson left behind. Some of these players are too old; far past the age at which they are economically viable to include in a 25-man squad. Some have failed to make the grade in England – failed to prove their worth to Manchester United. There are a few who might also fund the purchase of a new team capable of challenging once more for domestic and European honours.
On we go!
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on January 17, 2014