With United splashing out £24 million on Robin van Persie from Arsenal, Berbatov has dropped even further down the Red Devils pecking order and will now find it even harder to get any game time this coming season. With Sir Alex Ferguson already facing a selection headache with Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Javier Hernandez and Robin Van Persie to chose from, it is hard to believe that Berbatov will get much game time next season.
The Bulgarian who signed for the Old Trafford club from Tottenham Hotspur for £30.75 million back in 2008, is now reportedly valued at just £5 million by Manchester United. Sir Alex Ferguson has already stated this summer the striker can leave the club as he is no longer needed.
Sunderland have already improved their strike force this season with the capture of Louis Saha on a free and with the likes of John O’Shea and Wes Brown already at the club, Dimitar Berbatov could feel just at home joining up with former United teammates.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
- 50 Sexiest Women You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 10 Great Footballers Who Made Terrible Managers
- 100 Greatest Premier League Players Of All Time
- 50 Great Footballers Who Ruled 2012
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings