Whilst the Wrestlemania weekend’s most important focus is on the Sunday night spectacular itself, the day beforehand always has a way to capture the attention of both fans and competitors like no other. The WWE Hall of Fame ceremony is the means to honour those that left it all in the ring for the audience, and earned the respect of their peers and the adulation of the crowd. It is a place where legends such as Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan and Bruno Sammartino have entered with great celebration, but has also seen its fair share of controversial entrants, such as Koko B. Ware, Abdullah the Butcher, and the entire “Celebrity Wing”.
Whilst many are still awaiting the long-overdue induction of legends such as Owen Hart, Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts, and Randy ‘Macho Man’ Savage, there has developed a long list of superstars currently on the roster that will be certain to be inducted into the hallowed hall upon their departure from full-time competition. These are the superstars that have paid their dues and earned respect through their in-ring prowess, inimitable storytelling, and their connection with the audience, either as a heel or face. These are the superstars who have a reserved spot in the Hall of Fame (barring any freak revelations). Some will not be as assured as others, and some will not have merited it by the standards of the fans. But, if Drew Carey can get into the Hall of Fame then anybody can. So here is my list of those currently signed to the company that will likely be a part of the celebrated ceremony in the future.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 WWE Divas With Salaries You Won’t Believe
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
This article was first posted on July 25, 2013