It has been reported over the past weekend that former ECW World Champion and 14 time (!) WWF Hardcore Champion Tommy Dreamer has had a meeting with WWE at their HQ in Connecticut. This has supposedly come about after Dreamer’s recent performance on the Slammys edition of RAW where he worked a tag match where he was the mystery partner of The Miz and Alberto Del Rio in their six-man tag team match against 3MB (Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre).
There is no word on whether this was to bring the ECW original in as a performer or as a trainer / agent but his experience in all manners of the business has obviously caught someone’s eye backstage.
Personally I think Dreamer would make a great addition to creative seeing as the current team are unable to create much interest lately. His time with Heyman in ECW could bring about a harder hitting TV Product although with how low the McMahons supposedly view Paul E this could potentially harm any potential backstage role.
Dreamer’s last stint with the company ended on January 4th, 2010.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 WWE Divas With Salaries You Won’t Believe
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
This article was first posted on January 7, 2013