Ok, it’s safe to say that some wrestlers just don’t need to be a World Champion in order to be considered a Legend, an all time great, the Best in the World. But that doesn’t take away the fact that many of these guys should have been champion anyway, much like current top dog CM Punk. Let’s face it, he doesn’t need the belt to get over but he gives it a degree of credibility it has so long needed and deserved.
Here’s our list of 10 other guys that should have bee given the gold but weren’t.
10. The Big Boss Man
Not only is it criminal that Ray Traylor’s correctional officer alter ego never won the WWF championship considering how over he was back in the 1990′s, it’s also a slap in the face that the only gold he ever did wear in the WWF/E was as a member of Vince McMahon’s Corporation stable in his uninspiring final run.
The Big Boss Man was a despised heel when he joined the company in the late 1980′s and a massively over babyface when he turned on his manager Slick in the ’90′s, often feuding with or teaming with World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan – thus making him one of the top faces in the company at the time which should surely have warranted an Intercontinental Championship run at least? But no – The Big Boss Man remained an overlooked, underrated bit player that never made the transition to main event Superstar.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
- 20 Most Horrifically Stupid Things That Ever Happened In WCW
This article was first posted on November 20, 2012