Unfortunately this is a sad sad article for me to write. However I’m afraid my pessimism is validated.
Wrestling has more than plateaued. If you were as lucky as I was, then you at least had the chance to be a part of wrestling’s zenith in the late 90′s early 2000′s. That however, was a different time, with a different audience. People grow up, they move on. They adapt.
Wrestling’s adapted too, in the worst way possible. Especially for us ‘marks’ – wrestling’s insiders.
Why do those of us in our 20′s and 30′s still watch wrestling? It’s a legitimate question with a legitimate answer. WE WANT TO BELIEVE. We want to believe that we can rekindle what once was. We want to get goosebumps and pop when OUR guy or girl hits center stage. We want to be surprised, we want ‘holy s**t’ moments.
One thing that’ll never change in wrestling is good vs evil. But is good vs evil enough anymore? Opinions vary.
We all want wrestling to be great again but how does it get there? Who’s going to take it there again, Triple H? Dixie Carter? (That’s a joke)
Here’s 5 reasons why wrestling will never be the same again.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- Write WWE Articles And Get Paid
- 10 Controversies Of The WWE Network
- WWE WrestleMania 30: 10 Reasons The Undertaker Streak’s Must End
- WWE: 6 Divas That Must Return In 2014
- WWE: 10 Biggest Lies In Pro Wrestling
- WWE: 10 Most Inappropriate Storylines Ever
- WWE: 10 Sickening In-Ring Injuries You Won’t Believe Stars Wrestled Through
- WWE: 10 Wrestlers With Salaries You Won’t Believe
This article was first posted on November 10, 2013