The 2014 edition of WWE Elimination Chamber takes place on Sunday, February 23rd in Minneapolis. This is the 5th annual WWE Elimination Chamber pay-per-view, took over from No Way Out as the WWE’s annual February PPV event.
Even though it’s not considered one of WWE’s “big four” PPVs of the year, it usually does better than Survivor Series in terms of PPV buyrates. That won’t matter anymore because with WWE Network launching on February 24th the PPV buy numbers will become irrelevant.
This is also a historical show because it’s the last WWE PPV that American fans will be able to watch “only” on PPV. I put the “only” because there are certainly other methods, but we won’t get into that here.
At this point these are the matches officially announced.
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Chamber Match: Randy Orton vs. John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus vs. Christian vs. Cesaro
- The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family
- Batista vs. Alberto Del Rio
- Intercontinental Championship: Big E vs. Jack Swagger
There is still another week of Raw and Smackdown left where they might add more matches, but as of right now it’s only four matches. Last year’s Elimination Chamber PPV, which also had one EC match, had 7 matches not including the pre-show. Expect WWE to add 2 or 3 more matches.
Here are some questions and answers about the show, all of which come from me. Think of it like the questions come from the perspective of a fan wanting more and the answers come from a guy that watches all the shows that can offer some in-depth analysis on everything.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 WWE Divas With Salaries You Won’t Believe
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
This article was first posted on February 16, 2014