The Hulk Hogan return to WWE story has been gaining momentum all through the Autumn – and it’s now being taken as a given within WWE that he will indeed be back at Wrestlemania 30.
The best connected journalist in the wrestling industry, The Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer, is reporting that a deal has yet to be signed between Hogan and WWE. However, Meltzer adds that the deal will get done, all involved are confident that Mania will be featuring The Hulkster.
With everyone in the industry expecting the deal to be done, talk is turning to what Hogan will actually do at the New Orelans show. It seems a certainty he will not wrestle. The open conversation backstage in the WWE is that Hogan will come to Mania for some sort of angle – he would not be expected to wrestle. The fact of the matter is that Hogan would not pass WWE’s now stringent medical tests to get cleared for in-ring matches. The Hulkster is dealing with several problems relating to decades in the wrestling business, particularly a bad back.
The expected involvement of Hogan will relate to some sort of creative angle with John Cena. The two entertainment franchises are a logical generational match for the big anniversary show. Hogan will probably feature in the corner for Cena, or do a spot in which he decks a heel to help the Cenation Leader.
Regarding Hogan’s stance on the Wrestlemania 30 return, he is very enthusiastic to get this deal done. As WWE Editor I recently tweeted Hogan from @whatculturewwe a feature of 10 things the Hulkster could do at Wrestlemania 30 – Hulk responded by favoriting the tweeted feature.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 WWE Divas With Salaries You Won’t Believe
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
This article was first posted on December 19, 2013