This month is a big one for WWE since the much hyped WWE Network is launching on Monday, February 24th in the United States. That should be a huge night for WWE with several returns planned and the card for WrestleMania 30 should finally take place on that show.
Along with the WWE Network comes a new WWE logo as well, which you can see above. The current WWE logo has come to be known as the “WWE scratch” logo and it’s been in place for many years now.
According to PWInsider, WWE will begin using a new company logo once the Network launches later this month. It is the same logo we’ve seen on Network material and the new WWE jet that Stephanie McMahon posted a photo of last week.
This new logo looks like it will work very well. It’s still got the W prominently featured in the center and if you flipped it over to the right you could see two E’s in there too. Fans have come to know what the WWE logo looks like due to all of the different incarnations it has had over the course of the last 50 years.
When the WWE changed their name from World Wrestling Federation, they had a whole campaign dedicated to “get the F out” as a way to introduce the new logo as well as the new company name: World Wrestling Entertainment.
Now that the WWE Network is here, it’s smart for WWE to christen this new era for their company by unleashing this new logo and giving them a fresh feel going forward. Being stale is a bad thing in wrestling. Some characters in the company are victims of that too.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 WWE Divas With Salaries You Won’t Believe
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
This article was first posted on February 10, 2014