Last night’s WWE Raw results from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.
Michael Cole and Jerry “The King” Lawler are on commentary.
Justin Roberts introduces Dolph Ziggler who starts the show in the ring at the top of a ladder. His Money in the Bank briefcase is hanging high and he says he is back where he belongs – at the top. Ziggler is here to talk about numbers. 6 and 15. 6 is the number of days until TLC and 15 is the number of days before Christmas. Dolph says Cena, Christmas, TLC are one in the same and that Cena has been handed opportunities and has failed.
Ziggler complains about having to defend his briefcase at TLC but says it will be coal in Cena’s stocking at the pay-per-view when he beats him. He promises to them cash in on his own contract and beat the Big Show to become the greatest World Champion of all time. Sheamus comes out to interrupt and warns that Ziggler will need to cash in on him because he will beat the Big Show at TLC. Sheamus doesn’t think Ziggler will beat Cena, and he predicts a future when it will be Cena vs Sheamus for the World Title. Big Show’s music hits and comes them both delusional. He would like to beat up Sheamus but can’t because of the no-contact clause they signed on Smackdown. They argue until Ziggler ends up getting shoved off the lader by Sheamus.
WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston is on commentary when Wade Barrett waits in the ring. Vince McMahon’s music hits and he hypes tonight’s main event – John Cena vs Big Show. He brings out the person who made the match, Vicki Guerrero. Vince wants another main event and says Sheamus should be in it. Vince whispers that Ziggler should be in that match. Vince also mentions a third main event… something really big and monumental. Vickie proposes a handicap match involving AJ Lee and the crowd boos. Vince says Vickie vs AJ for tonight. Out comes Barrett’s opponent for tonight…
WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro is now also on commentary.
1) R-Truth defeated Wade Barrett when he countered into a roll-up for the pin out of nowhere.
Post-match, Truth taunted Cesaro on the outside whilst Kofi hit the crossbody on Barrett who was about to get involved. Kofi & Truth leave together.
A backstage segment where AJ tells Aksana and Kaitlyn that she will tear Vickie Guerrero apart. She goes looking for Cena and walks in the locker room and hugs him as other Superstars are getting ready. Cena gets her to leave and she says sorry to the other guys. Cena walks off after her.
2) Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow defeated The Usos, The Prime Time Players, Epico & Primo in a Fatal Four Way Match. The finish came when Cody got his knees up when an Uso attempt a move from the top rope, and was eventually changed into a Cross Rhodes for the victory. They will now face Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara in a Tables Match at the TLC pay-per-view to determine the number 1 contenders to Daniel Bryan & Kane’s WWE Tag Team Titles.
3) Eve Torres defeated Alicia Fox with a neckbreaker.
After the match, Eve called out the ringside photographer to take some snaps of her in the ring whilst she posed over Alicia.
WWE Champion CM Punk comes out on crutches. He has Paul Heyman with him and Punk speaks from the stage and talks about how fans think his injury is fake so he can get out of facing Ryback in a title match. Punk assures us that his injury is 100% real life and this is what happens when you work more days than anyone else and have been defending your WWE Title this long.
The fans chant “Feed me more” as Punk shows us footage from last week of Ryback’s attack. Heyman yells at the fans for the chant and says Punk is a legitimate champion and he doesn’t have a stunt double like The Rock. Heyman says the movie star was too busy to turn up tonight and that The Rock just shows up when he has a title opportunity. Heyman talks about Punk vs The Rock whilst Punk then takes the mic and addresses those who think he should be stripped of the title.
Punk says Ryback has had the chance to become WWE Champion twice but couldn’t beat Punk. He says The Rock will get just one chance at the Royal Rumble and he will fail also. Punk says he will present TLC so he can watch it like all of us and he reminds us that he is not affiliated with The Shield.
4) Sheamus defeats Dolph Ziggler by DQ when Ziggler escaped from a Brogue Kick, rolled out of the ring and then wacked Sheamus with a chair.
Post-match, Ziggler continues the chair beat down until Sheamus hit a Brogue Kick, almost sending the chair into Ziggler’s face.
Vickie Guerrero is backstage warming up when Hornswoggle came in with The Great Khali. Vickie says she is having some muscle problems and they assist her in her stretching out. Vince then comes in and catches them in a compromising position and says he thought this was supposed to be a family show!
5) Alberto Del Rio defeated Zack Ryder when Ryder hit the Broski Boot and Del Rio applied the Cross Armbreaker for the submission victory.
6) Vickie Guerrero defeated AJ Lee when referee Brad Maddox refused to count for AJ but did for Vickie when she countered the pinfall roll-up. Vickie’s hand is raised by Maddox when AJ looked upset.
AJ goes crazy after the match like Bret Hart in Montreal. She throws chairs, rips off the announcers table top off, tips a ladder over and even smacks Justin Roberts in the face. She continues to go crazy and then throws a fit backstage. She is crying until John Cena walks up and hugs her, which calms her down.
7) WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro defeated WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston with the Neutralizer in a non-title match.
The MizTV segment is next with Damien Sandow and Cordy Rhodes. They rip into The Miz and the fans when “Cody’s mustache” chants breaks out, which The Miz then picks on before. They bicker back and forth in a non-segment, really.
John Cena is backstage when AJ comes up and says she wants to join Cena during his match tonight for support. Cena says it would be best if she stayed backstage as he would feel responsible if anything ever happened to her. AJ agrees and will watch from backstage.
8) John Cena defeated WWE World Heavyweight Champion The Big Show in a non-title match when The Shield’s Seth Rollins ran in and attacked Cena after he hit the Attitude Adjustment on Show.
Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose then ran through the crowd to join Rollins in the ring for the beat down on John Cena as Dolph Ziggler looks on from commentary. As they set up a table for Cena, Kane’s pyro goes off and Team Hell No come out to the ring to fight against The Shield. Cena comes back up but then Ziggler attacks him from behind and they brawl. Ryback eventually comes out and RAW goes off the air with a mass brawl.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- Write WWE Articles And Get Paid
- 10 Controversies Of The WWE Network
- WWE WrestleMania 30: 10 Reasons The Undertaker Streak’s Must End
- WWE: 6 Divas That Must Return In 2014
- WWE: 10 Biggest Lies In Pro Wrestling
- WWE: 10 Most Inappropriate Storylines Ever
- WWE: 10 Sickening In-Ring Injuries You Won’t Believe Stars Wrestled Through
- WWE: 10 Wrestlers With Salaries You Won’t Believe
This article was first posted on December 11, 2012