This week the WWE traveled to London, and RAW took place in front of a sold-out crowd at the O2 Arena last night. Here are 5 things we learned from last night’s program, which was supported by a raucus European audience:
5. Triple H Accepts The Extreme Rules Challenge
The show kicked off with Paul Heyman in the ring as a representative of Brock Lesnar. Without wasting much time, The Game hit the ring and accepted Lesanar and Heyman’s challenge for a rematch at the Extreme Rules PPV, this time inside a steel cage. While on the surface this match will certainly sell some pay-per-views, it’s also a match we have seen before.
One can argue that we have been down this road before, but I’m all for the rubber match to break the tie between these two, especially if it’s inside a steel cage. Quick and to the point, Triple H makes his point with a Pedigree to Heyman, and the crowd is set afire to open the show.
4. Big E. Is Told To Move Along
In a quick but very interesting backstage segment, Dolph Ziggler and AJ Lee are having a lovey-dovey moment while Big E Langston looks on. Ziggler then advises Big E. that he needs to move along, as he and AJ are having some alone time. Langston turns and walks away: and so the seeds are planted for a Ziggler/AJ/Big E split that will ultimately lead to a feud between the two men, with AJ Lee freed to pursue work in the Divas Division.
This is the logical next step for this group as Dolph Ziggler is now (and finally) The World Heavyweight Champion and he no longer needs a stable to help keep him over. We are still weeks away from any type of official split or confrontation, but the ball is now rolling toward their inevitable separation.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- Write WWE Articles And Get Paid
- 10 Controversies Of The WWE Network
- WWE WrestleMania 30: 10 Reasons The Undertaker Streak’s Must End
- WWE: 6 Divas That Must Return In 2014
- WWE: 10 Biggest Lies In Pro Wrestling
- WWE: 10 Most Inappropriate Storylines Ever
- WWE: 10 Sickening In-Ring Injuries You Won’t Believe Stars Wrestled Through
- WWE: 10 Wrestlers With Salaries You Won’t Believe
This article was first posted on April 23, 2013