Before the Road to Wrestlemania, WWE’s show piece event, kicks off, the pay-per-view which for many wrestling fans is the highlight of the year rolls into town, the Royal Rumble.
And the 2013 edition of the Royal Rumble promises so much.
Last year Sheamus emerged victorious from the 2012 Royal Rumble, thanks to a Brogue Kick to the face of Chris Jericho, which sent him on his way to an 18 second victory over Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania to claim the World Heavyweight Title.
Sheamus then spent much of 2012 holding the belt, and has now been firmly established as one of the top men in the WWE. That’s what winning the Royal Rumble can do for you.
This year the build-up to the Royal Rumble PPV is rightly being focused on the clash between WWE Champion CM Punk and returning legend The Rock, a feud which has the potential to change the WWE landscape if done right (which in my cyncicism I’m almost sure it won’t be).
But this article is not here to discuss the ins and outs of the feud between Punk and Rocky. No this is here to discuss what is perhaps the greatest gimmick match in WWE history, the Royal Rumble itself.
30 men will battle it out to be the last superstar standing, and to claim a guaranteed title match at Wrestlemania itself.
While 30 men will enter, there is really very little illusion that when the likes of Zack Ryder or Santino Marella run down the ramp that they have a chance of winning. But here are 10 superstars who could win the 2013 Royal Rumble.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 WWE Divas With Salaries You Won’t Believe
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
This article was first posted on January 20, 2013