We’re just a short time away from the annual Royal Rumble — the first step on the Road to Wrestlemania. You win the Rumble, you get a shot at Wrestlemania against the World Champion. Of course, the unified titles are around the waist of one of the current crop of Superstars’ finest examples, Randy Orton.
And at the Pay Per View, he faces off with perennial champion/contender John Cena for the Unified Titles. But the Main Event, sure to be watched by the winner of the Orton and Cena Match, will determine one half of the top of the Wrestlemania card.
So, for the winner of the Rumble, the rest of the year is pretty much about creating a program with the current champion. You’ll notice, I don’t put Brock Lesnar in this list, and I stand by it. I don’t feel that there’s much to be gained by Lesnar jumping into the Rumble, when he’s already declared himself a top contender for the title.
Putting himself above the fray, and removing the chance of an embarrassing loss at the Rumble, but if they do include him; the rumors of the front office wanting Lesnar in the Main Event of the Showcase of the Immortals is true, and he’s going to take the Rumble. But, here’s my call. I call Daniel Bryan is the winner of the Rumble, as Batista is waylaid somehow during the match or just before to not win.
I’m thinking Undertaker, since it’s Wrestlemania 30, and Batista has a serious shot at the Undertaker’s streak, chances are you’ll see something along those lines during the Pay Per View. On to my predictions.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
- 20 Most Horrifically Stupid Things That Ever Happened In WCW
This article was first posted on January 16, 2014