Last night’s WWE SmackDown spoiler results. The show will air Friday night on SyFy (US) and on Sky Sports (UK).
Alberto Del Rio opens the show without Ricardo Rodriguez and recaps his attack on Sheamus on Raw. Sheamus’s music hits but out comes Rodriguez dressed like Sheamus instead, including white tights and a shirt to emulate “The Celtic Warrior’s” white skin. He does a really funny imitation of Sheamus as Del Rio interviews him. Then the real Sheamus comes out and they brawl up to the ramp.
Teddy Long then appears in a suit and with a big nametag. He says that John Laurinaitis has put the show is in his hands tonight and he’s booking Sheamus vs Kane in the main event and a Del Rio vs Great Khali match to open the show now…
1) Alberto Del Rio defeated The Great Khali with the cross arm-breaker for the submission. The match was Del Rio working on Khali’s knees.
Backstage, Naomi and Cameron are dancing for Teddy Long before Brodus Clay shows up. Long says that the “Funkasaurus” is now switched to SmackDown permanently and suddenly Clay gets serious saying he will treat his opponent tonight as if he is the Big Show.
2) Brodus Clay defeated Derrick Bateman in a two minute match. Bateman got little offence and was basically squashed. Clay dances with the kids after the match.
3) Sin Cara defeated Drew McIntyre with his DDT finisher for the pinfall. Sin Cara again looked good in this match despite his crazy moves, although there was one badly botched move that McIntyre tried to make out that it connected but it just looked awkward. This will likely be edited off TV.
Post-match, McIntyre cut a promo demanding an authority figure to come to the ring and explain why he isn’t in the main event every week. Triple H came out and quickly hit McIntyre with the Pedigree before leaving. This was almost certainly just something for the crowd and won’t air on television.
4) Ryback defeated Two Indie jobbers in the segment we’ve seen plenty now. Ryback got a lot of chants and was over.
Peep Show segment was next but Cody Rhodes came out and destroyed the half-assembled set that was still being put up. He ranted on Christian and reminded everyone that when he got injured Christian was hated by fans and no-one is buying his babyface turn. Christian clarifies and says that he had a moment of clarity when he inducted Edge into the Hall of Fame and realised that he wanted to be remembered for winning titles and not someone who whined for “one more match”. Dolph Ziggler than interrupted and his match was next.
5) Intercontinental Champion Christian defeated Dolph Ziggler in a non-title match with the Frog Splash for the pinfall. This was said to be a long, good match though the crowd weren’t all that interested.
Michael Cole then gets on the mic and tells everyone to “move on” from the events of this past Monday. Jim Ross’ music hits and the crowd went nuts, though it turned out to be Hornswoggle that came out dressed as JR. Crowd booed! He had a confrontation with Cole before Damien Sandow came out and said the quote of the night; “I am the avenging sword of taste and decency.” He was about to wipe out Hornswoggle when Tyson Kidd came to his rescue. As Kidd & Hornswoggle celebrate, Sandow sneaks back in and hits the neckbreaker finisher on Kidd and beats him up.
Backstage, Matt Striker is interviewing Kane who says he is going to win the World Title at WWE No Way Out. Kane ignores the question about the Kane and AJ Lee “look” on Raw. AJ Lee then appears behind some crates.
Teddy Long comes to the ramp and introduces Antonio Cesaro and “his lover, Aksana”.
6) Antonio Cesaro (w/Aksana) defeated Jimmy Uso in a quick squash. Cesaro said to look good. Long was forced to raise Cesaro’s hand.
7) World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus defeated Kane in a non-title match by DQ when Del Rio interfered and beat up Sheamus. Kane re-entered the ring and cleared out Del Rio but then AJ made the eyes with him at the ramp, but that allowed Sheamus to beat up Kane to end the show.
After the show ended and this won’t air on television, Long came out and ordered that the match must have a finish and booked Sheamus vs Kane in a Steel Cage match for the World Heavyweight Title. Arn Anderson came out and was the special guest enforcer for the bout. Sheamus won the match with the Brogue Kick.