Everybody knows who Hulk Hogan, The Rock and Stone Cold are – they’ve been a pop culture staple for decades and have received gigantic amounts of crossover success through movies and television shows, but this list is a place for those who possessed tons of ability and did great things in the business without getting a great deal of recognition. This may be because they weren’t great talkers or were never used or pushed the way they should, but each and every guy on this list had the skills to be consistently in the main event in the biggest wrestling company on the planet.
In the case of one star on this list, it was demons and vices that prevented him from achieving his potential and whilst he gained great success and had many memorable bouts, it should have been so much more. Sometimes it’s a case of wrong place wrong time for wrestlers as the smaller, more technical guys are much more likely to get pushed to the top now then they were ten years ago when they were held down to the mid-card. The likes of Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero helped pave the way for a new brand of wrestler, and it’s a shame a couple on this list didn’t arrive a few years later. Everybody has their favourite wrestler that nobody else really cares about, and here are five of mine.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 WWE Divas With Salaries You Won’t Believe
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
This article was first posted on August 9, 2013