Everybody knows who Hulk Hogan, The Rock and Stone Cold are – they’ve been a pop culture staple for decades and have received gigantic amounts of crossover success through movies and television shows, but this list is a place for those who possessed tons of ability and did great things in the business without getting a great deal of recognition. This may be because they weren’t great talkers or were never used or pushed the way they should, but each and every guy on this list had the skills to be consistently in the main event in the biggest wrestling company on the planet.
In the case of one star on this list, it was demons and vices that prevented him from achieving his potential and whilst he gained great success and had many memorable bouts, it should have been so much more. Sometimes it’s a case of wrong place wrong time for wrestlers as the smaller, more technical guys are much more likely to get pushed to the top now then they were ten years ago when they were held down to the mid-card. The likes of Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero helped pave the way for a new brand of wrestler, and it’s a shame a couple on this list didn’t arrive a few years later. Everybody has their favourite wrestler that nobody else really cares about, and here are five of mine.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- Write WWE Articles And Get Paid
- 10 Controversies Of The WWE Network
- WWE WrestleMania 30: 10 Reasons The Undertaker Streak’s Must End
- WWE: 6 Divas That Must Return In 2014
- WWE: 10 Biggest Lies In Pro Wrestling
- WWE: 10 Most Inappropriate Storylines Ever
- WWE: 10 Sickening In-Ring Injuries You Won’t Believe Stars Wrestled Through
- WWE: 10 Wrestlers With Salaries You Won’t Believe
This article was first posted on August 9, 2013