Kevin Nash Posts Public Apology For Je'Von Evans Comments (WWE News)

WWE legend says sorry for "obviously offensive" remark about Raw's Je'Von Evans.

By Jamie Kennedy /

WWE

WWE legend Kevin Nash has publicly apologised for remarks he made about rising star Je'Von Evans via his 'Kliq This' podcast/YouTube show. When asked for his thoughts on Evans, Nash actually put the Raw newbie over as someone exciting fans should pay attention to, but problems surfaced when he said: "He’s a little bit too f***ing Mr. Bojangles for me".

Advertisement

Kevin also said he'd like to see Je'Von be "a little more urban". Since then, he's taken to social media and offered an apology for comments he calls "obviously offensive". Nash added that his words were "in poor taste", but he was only trying to look out for a younger worker who's rising up through the ranks.

Nash is a fan of Je'Von's work, calling him "an incredible athlete" who "does everything good". At one point, the former Diesel also likened Evans to his good buddy Sean 'X-Pac' Waltman. That's a huge compliment to Je'Von, but Kev does definitely regret some of his comments in the heat of the moment.

Advertisement

On socials, Nash stated: "I just see talent being pushed in a direction that I disagree with. He should be the male version of Sol Ruca. More contemporary than urban. It’s funny how I’m usually the only person who pays attention to the development of black talent".

Evans beat Dominik Mysterio and Gunther in a qualifying match on Monday's episode of Raw to punch his ticket for Elimination Chamber later this month. That's a huge spot for Je'Von, especially during WWE's road to WrestleMania 42.

Advertisement