At this point, it’s probably take some major catastrophe to cease the progress of the upcoming Justice League movie. After the unbelievable success of the Avengers, Warner Bros. are positively foaming at the mouth at the prospect of getting access to that sort of cash at the box office.
You may have heard the rumours that Warner Bros. are planning to leave the Batman franchise, put to bed only recently with Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises, where it is for now. Meaning the next time we see the Caped Crusader on the big screen may be in their increasingly imminent Superhero ensemble piece.
Batman is a prestigious role to play; over his 70+ year lifespan the character has risen to deity-like levels of prestige, and many out there have his image – their interpretation of him no less – in their minds eye, making casting a tough call. After all, hell hath no fury like a comic book fan scorned.
With that in mind, I decided to compile my top picks for a new Batman. After all, Bale is out, and there’s a bat-shaped hole in cinema to be filled. So, without much more ado, let’s take a look at those actors who are intense enough, chiselled enough or otherwise have the acting ability to wear the cape and cowl.
We are currently seeking Film contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Film contributor, click here.
You Might Also Like...
- Batman #21 – Zero Year Pt. 1 Review
- Batman Film Reboot: 6 New Stories For The Dark Knight
- 10 TV Theme Tunes That Will Forever Be Stuck In Our Heads
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools