The Star Wars prequels are among the most unfairly ridiculed movies in recent memory, despite being victim to unrealistically high expectations from fans of the original series – fans who still haven’t quite forgiven George Lucas.
Sure, they’re not classics like the original films, but none of them are worse than average and there are lots of positive aspects of the movies that are often overlooked. They offer a great look at the final stages of both the Old Republic and the Jedi Order. That being said, there’s still a lot that went wrong with the prequels, including bad screenplays, acting and just plainly bizarre decisions.
With a few small change, however, here’s 10 ways they might’ve improved the most detested movies prequels ever made…
10. Cut/Alter The Unnecessary Origin Stories
Way too many previous characters from the original series make distracting appearances in the prequels. Some characters, such as C-3PO and RD-D2, have origin stories that really don’t make any sense in context of the overall saga. The fact that Boba Fett is only one out of millions of clones (even if he isn’t genetically altered) does kind of reduce the level of awesomeness he had in the originals.
Some characters (Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda) obviously had to be in the prequels, but everyone else that wasn’t absolutely necessary should have been left out or at least not introduced until the end of Episode III to transition the new films to the old ones.
We are currently seeking Star Wars contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Star Wars contributor, click here.
You Might Also Like...
- 8 Movie Series So Out Of Order They Had Us Totally Confused
- 5 Directors Who Fell Back On Their Star Properties After Years Away
- 8 Things We Want From Star Wars Battlefront 3
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools