It’s REALISTIC, you just don’t get it!!
That’s the most common counter argument fans of Chris Nolan’s Batman trilogy love to throw at anyone who dares to criticize the movies. But that only raises the question of how realistic can you make a film about a man who dresses up like giant bat? If you are going to try to shoehorn realism into a comic book film, you have to ask questions like how did the Joker manage to smuggle so much explosives underneath a hospital without being detected? And why didn’t the CIA know that Bane was one of their hooded prisoners, didn’t they check their identities before bringing them on board the plane? That’s what they would try to do in real life. It’s a comic book film, you let those things go but if you are trying to be realistic then these kind of things are harder to ignore. It’s REALISTIC, you just don’t get it!!
It does seem like that it it’s almost illegal to say that you didn’t like the Nolan Batman films, in the same way you cant say that The Avengers was just a bog standard superhero film with a boring hour long fight scene that we have seen a million times before. Or Prometheus was mostly just pretentious drivel with more holes in it than poor Mr Kinney in RoboCop.
But now that Nolan’s Batman trilogy is complete and can be judged as a whole, let’s compare them to the last revolution in the Batman film franchise that was Tim Burton’s 1989 Gothic masterpieces. As you will see, it’s interesting to see how many of the key ingredients you need in a Batman film that Nolan got wrong or just chose to ignore and how Burton’s 1989 film is still the best Batman movie ever released.
So sit back and relax as I take you through the 15 reasons Tim Burton’s Batman is still better than Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy.
We are currently seeking Batman contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Batman contributor, click here.
You Might Also Like...
- 8 Classic Trilogies That Almost Turned Out Completely Different
- 8 Movie Plot Holes That Could Have Been Solved With One Line Of Dialogue
- 5 Directors That Know How To Deliver A Blockbuster
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools