…and One Reason Why Maybe It Isn’t!
Tom Fallows runs down 50 reasons why the 1984 classic horror comedy Ghostbusters is The Greatest Film of All Time.
1. Bill Murray
This is the movie that made the Saturday Night Live comedian a bonified movie star and would pave the way for such later delights as Groundhog Day (1993), Lost in Translation (2003) and Broken Flowers (2005). Without Bill Murray, would Ghostbusters be the classic it is today?
2. The Dialogue
Just transcribing the movie would enough reason why Ghostbusters achieves greatness. This list contains as many classic quotes as we could fit. i.e.
“You forget, Peter. I was present at an undersea unexplained sponge migration,” – Ray.
3. Ray Parker Jr’s Theme Song
All together now, “Who ya gonna call?”
The music video is pretty cool too. It’s got Chevy Chase, Teri Garr and Columbo in it. Awesome!
4. Ivan Reitman
The movie proves, contrary to recent evidence that Reitman can direct a movie. If this went to court, and the prosecution produced Evolution (2001) and My Super Ex-Girlfriend (2006) as Exhibits A & B, then the defence would only need to show Ghostbusters to result in an instant dismissal.
5. Old Boy Heroes
In an age obsessed with youth, it’s nice to see four heroes old enough to be your dad.
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools