Clarence and Alabama are newlyweds who acquire an unexpected wedding present. Unknown to the blissfully happy couple, ruthless gangsters are on their tail, determined to reclaim their lost property
Even though it wasn’t directed by the guy, True Romance still belongs in the Tarantino universe. It has the guns, the characters, the dialogue, the movie references (or steals) and the acting of all the great Tarantino movies.
Christian Slater fits easily into the role of Clarence, a worker in a comic book store who regulary visits the cinema to watch such things as a triple feature Kung Fu movie. Clarence is clearly a projection of Tarantino himself. He meets Alabama (Patricia Arquette) and a “true romance” of sorts begins in a world filled with drugs and violance.
The acting in this movie is right on par with some of the great peformances in Kill Bill. The Sicilian scene involving Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper is one of the best that has ever been put on film. It is quite simply… breathtaking.
A stunning performance to from the great Gary Oldman in a brief appearance as the pimp Drexel, quite unlike anything he has ever played before or since. Brad Pitt to, looks relaxed in his role as a druggie “dupree” who steals every scene he is present.
The movie isn’t without it’s problems however and the story at times is so wafer thin you almost feel it breaking on screen, but it does manage to hold it together for a fun climax at the end and the scenes involving the four guys mentioned above make it worthy enough to make the list. Oh and not to be forgotten, a great score to from Hans Zimmer.
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools