Adam McKay, writer and director of the original Anchorman film, has apparently let slip some details regarding the forthcoming sequel (well as much slipped as giving one sentence on the topic is. It’s the internet, what’re you gonna do?).
In an interview with Salon, he reluctantly gave a short bunch of ideas of what the sequel to the much loved (by everyone but Paramount pictures, but that’s not that relavant anymore) 2004 comedy film:
“I don’t want to give away too much, but I’ll just give a couple pieces of ideas that we’ve kicked around. Keep in mind we’re still writing the story, but I’ll say one phrase for you: custody battle. I’ll give you that. I’ll give you one other one: bowling for dollars.”
Yes, that really is the entire amount of plot details that have been revealed in terms of Anchorman 2.
It’s interesting enough though, considering the true levels of barmy that Adam McKay and his feature star Will Ferrell have delivered to us over the years, the idea of a Ron Burgundy vs Veronica Corningstone custody battle is both tantalising and already ridiculous in equal measure. Juicy.
So what would you like to see in the new Anchorman film? (A preview of our own will be coming very soon). What do you think of these plot details?
Read all our other Anchorman 2 news here!
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools