Soon to be seen cussing and acting all Billy Bob Thornton-like as the disgraced and selfish Bad Teacher in this summer’s raunchiest comedy at Columbia, which she will follow-up with stepping into the shoes of the great Shirley MacLaine (ironically her co-star of a movie titled In Her Shoes) for the comedy caper Gambit alongside Colin Firth – the always likeable Cameron Diaz looks to have quickly returned to the safe, schmaltzy studio vehicle that all rom-com actresses’ regularly find themselves coming back to for the safe and secured paycheck.
THR made the announcement yesterday that Diaz was in talks to lead the forthcoming What To Expect When You’re Expecting, an adaptation of a popular self help book that has been transformed by screenwriters Shauna Cross (Whip It) and Heather Hach (Freaky Friday) into the story of a weight-loss fitness t.v. show host who becomes pregnant post the 40 year old biological cut-off point.
Nanny McPhee and Everybody’s Fine director Kirk Jones will helm the ensemble film that will track five different couples on their journey to having a baby. Or as I will translate, five uninteresting, watered down and extremely basic stories basically all about the same thing that like Love Actually and Valentine’s Day and all the others of a similar ilk that go abso-bloomin’ nowhere.
And spoiler alert – they all have their babies in the end and all live happily after after. Awww.
What To Expect When You’re Expecting is setup at Lionsgate who picked up the rights to the book in October and Phoenix Pictures.
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools