Some real bad news has come through regarding the movie adaptation of the Stephen King novel 1408. Bloody Disgusting report that Dimension Films have bumped back the release date of the flick from May 18th to July 13th.
July 13th? Are they fucking crazy? Horror/Thriller movies are notoriously lackluster with audiences during the summer. If the film had to be pushed back, it should have been to September or October where it surely would be better suited.
This means that it now goes up against the universally popular (with adults and kids alike) Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix and will be in theatres at the same time as Live Free or Die Hard and Evan Almighty.
This movie was 14th in my “Movies not to be missed in 2007” but I really fear that this release date is not going to do the film any favours at all. Let’s hope it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.
source – bloody disgusting
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools