Fans of The Simpsons get ready, the first look at TV’s favourite animated family’s return to the big screen has been revealed online. Well I say the family; the 3D short The Longest Daycare primarily features Maggie as she returns to the Ayn Rand School for Tots which was featured way back in the classic Season 4 episode A Streetcar Named Marge.
It’s fair to say that this animated short is unlikely to return The Simpsons to the past glory of the 1990′s. I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels the show lost its charm when it made the jump to digital animation. Not only is the whimsical charm of the shows aesthetic a thing of the past, but the storylines in recent outings seem forced and somewhat lacking in classic moments that made The Simpsons such an idolised programme.
However with the Maggie heavy story being dialogue free, we could all be in for a surprise. After all the last (largely) silent big screen outing ended up mopping up during the most recent awards season.
To read what Al Jean, long time executive producer for The Simpsons has to say on the upcoming big screen adventure visit EW.
The four-and-a-half short starring the shortest Simpson will be shown in advance of one of the biggest family blockbusters of the year Ice Age: Continental Drift. For the full bumper length trailer, click play on the video below.
What are your views on The Simpsons return to the big screen? Will the short convince you to fork out to see the new Ice Age? Let us know your feelings in the comment box.
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools