When superhero comedy Kick-Ass was released last year I don’t think anybody thought it would spawn (or at least be the first of a movement) it’s own sub-genre of movies. But spawn it has with Defendor, Super, the upcoming Griff the Invisible, even TV show Castle offering their own take on the ordinary joe pulls on a costume story. Now stepping up to the plate is independent movie VS.
Reported by Aint It Cool News, the film is written, directed and produced by relative newcomer Jason Trost. Described as ‘Kick-Ass meets Saw’, the movie centers around four young super-heroes, including Trost and Lucas Till (Havok in X-Men: First Class, also serving as co-producer) who are forced into a series of deadly challenges by their arch-nemesis Rickshaw, played by James Remar (best known for his role as Harry Morgan in Dexter).
The trailer can be seen below.
I think the movie looks very promising. The merging of horror with super heroics hasn’t being done to this degree before, and the finished project could be well worth a watch.
The movie premieres at the Toronto After Dark Film Festival at the end of October, with no word as of now of a general release.
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools