It’s been about a week since the unveiling of the Man of Steel trailers at ComicCon and only days since they officially found audiences the world over at the first screenings of The Dark Knight Rises.
And if one word could encapsulate the general feeling amongst fans of the character it’d be: wow.
There are two versions of the trailer; one is narrated by Kevin Costner as the voice of Jonathan Kent while its companion is voiced by Russell Crowe as Jor’El, Superman’s biological father. If you’re not part of the privileged masses that have seen the trailer, check them both HERE RIGHT NOW. And to note, while both trailers are essentially the same, both are also very different thanks to the opposing themes discussed in the voice-overs meaning both are worth watching.
In seeing this trailer campaign, I’m suddenly captivated by this new take on the world’s first superhero. Here are seven reasons why you should be too.
7. The Trailer That Understood
I must have watched both versions of the trailer about 20 times each now and they’re still giving me goosebumps. You might have heard the news that some fans cried during its unveiling at ComicCon, while another less emotionally governed onlooker has been quoted saying “any doubt I had was gone with that trailer”.
What’s caused this overt display of adulation? Well, simply put, the trailers seem to truly understand the character. Together the two alternate voice-overs by Crowe and Costner present a Clark Kent who is alien to our world, possesses the power of a demi-God but who’s been raised to know true humanity by the warmth of his Earth parents.
Both are as integral a part of Superman’s character as the other, and in recognising this simple detail so beautifully, the two-part trailer campaign has smashed it out of the park. Let’s just all hope the movie itself follows suit.
You Might Also Like...
- Man Of Steel 2: 5 Things That Would Make The Sequel Soar
- Man Of Steel: 3 Things That Worked, 3 Things That Didn’t
- 10 Screenwriting Lessons You Can Learn From Man Of Steel
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools