Mike Fleming followed up his scoop with news that Chloe Moretz (Hitgirl from Kick-Ass, and leads the upcoming Let The Right One In remake) and Brit Asa Butterfield (The Boy With The Striped Pjama’s) have joined Scorsese’s adventure movie.
Moretz, who has considerable Kick-Ass buzz, will play the lead. As Fleming says, so strange to see Scorsese handle a kids movie when there probably isn’t one of his features you would ever show to a kid.
So Sir. Ben Kingsley (as silent filmmaker George Melies in a major role) and Sacha Baron Cohen (as a train inspector) are the first two names cast in Martin Scorsese’s next picture, a children’s fantasy adventure based on Brian Selznick’s book The Invention of Hugo Cabaret.
Great, no complaints here.
Selznick’s illustrated novel centers on a 12 year orphan who lives within the walls of a Paris train station in 1930, which by my account makes it Scorsese’s first ever family orientated motion picture.
With the novel celebrating gorgeous black-and-white images reminiscent of the silent movie era, and because of the setting; classic French movies – do we expect Scorsese; the walking film encyclopedia to reference these genres in Cabaret as much as he did Val Lewton and film noir with Shutter Island?
The movie based on John Logan’s screenplay (Sweeney Todd, The Aviator) films in Paris on June 1st.
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools