About the animation…
“It’s a 3-D/CG Smurfs…You just can’t make those guys live – it’d be a little weird, but a 3D Shrek world of them – that’s fantastic.”
3D smurfs?? I think that’s a bad idea, the Smurfs worked so well in 2D animation. I watched a couple of episodes a while back and they still hold up really well. The reason movies like The Incredibles and Shrek are so popular is not just because of the animation but BECAUSE THEY ARE GREAT STORIES. If those stories were in 2D, then they still would have been successful, it’s an animation form that still has a lot to give IMO.
Smurfs to be an epic…
“The “Smurfs” trilogy will be “the animated Lord of the Rings – through the world of these idiots. Because they’re sweet characters but they’re goofs. It’s a comic version, but still very heartfelt, version of Lord of the Rings – though not literally Lord of the Rings, but an epic story like that”.
Why don’t you see how successful the first movie is before you get exicted about making a trilogy guys??? Just a thought.
On the plot….
“We’ll learn “[more] about Gargamel and Smurf Soup and how all that began and what really goes on in that castle. What his backstory really was”.
Is it wrong that I use to always want Gargamel to suceed in his dastardly plans? Paul Winchell who voiced the character sadly died last year (although he retired 7 years ago anyway) so the hunt is on for a new actor to voice the character. John Lithgrow’s name keeps coming up in interviews with no denials and I have to say I think he would be a great choice.
Gotta love the Smurfs!!
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools