Sony’s controversial reboot of its lucrative web-slinging franchise “The Amazing Spider-Man” is out in cinemas on Tuesday – boldly promising to tell an untold story, when in fact it is mostly a recycling of what you already paid to see ten years ago and having sitting on your Blu-ray collection right now to watch in the comfort of your own home. What’s worse, the film also hints at the future for Spider-Man being the same old, same old.
What Culture’s chief film critic Shaun Munro has already turned in his print review of the movie yesterday (you can read that HERE) and now in a What Culture first, Shaun has also provided a video review. Best of all – it is short, snappy and most importantly spoiler free, so you can watch the review before you even head to the cinema next week (or chose not to as the case may be).
Comments are very much welcome below on our very first video review. Of course if you have any suggestions for future installments, any improvements we could make, do let us know. We also want your reaction before seeing the film and what you thought of it afterwards.
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools