With The Dark Knight Rises now a matter of only countable hours away, the world collectively holds its breath. On the 20th of this very month we’ll all be invited to discover just what happens to Nolan’s unique envisioning of potentially the most loved and lucrative character ever to grace the realm of human imagination.
The big question on everyone’s lips is ‘what happens next’? It’s a font of fierce debate amongst movie-goers and hardcore Batfans alike. With the knowledge that the Dark Knight Rises is definitely Nolan’s last outing with the character there’s soon to be a huge Batcave sized void to fill in the movie world and we can’t imagine that it’s going to remain vacant for too long.
There’s sure to be a healthy break between TDKR and any subsequent ventures that Warner Bros. decide to make with the property, and their next move will have to be carefully considered if they’re to maintain even a fraction of the prestige that Nolan brought to the table.
One thing is certain though; with the franchise to date netting Warner Bros. the type of return that could fix the global economy, a reimagining is almost as certain as the sunrise. As the rampant speculation continues to grow (much of it pushed by our good selves) we decided to add some fuel to the flames with our pick of the ways we feel the Batman movie franchise can be continued after Nolan jumps ship.
Because it’s going to happen, and if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em!
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools