We’re not far from ground zero at the moment. It’s been a matter of days since Nolan’s final Dark Knight movie dropped and general consensus is still coming in. It’s currently boasting a 9.2 score on IMDb, beating The Dark Knight’s 8.9 and if the generally praising reviews are anything to go by, this film should be pretty spectacular indeed, right?
Then why do I feel so empty inside?
I saw The Dark Knight Rises on Saturday and I’ll forever remember it as the day that Batman let me down. Sure it had its moments. In fact as a film it has truly great components. But would you eat a cream cake that was sat on a counter surrounded by turds?
And that’s my problem. Great moments aside, I couldn’t quite get behind Nolan’s latest Dark Knight offering. There were too many erroneous details, superfluous characters, inconsistencies not just with the source material but with the other films in the Nolan canon for me to swallow its supposed brilliance like so many seem to have.
As I left the theatre, I listened in to the inital feelings others were having about the film. It seemed to be a lot of “Batman was awesome, when he was in it” or “Well, I thought it was pretty good” or “I liked this part”. It sounded to me like a lot of justification for its weaknesses. After all TDKR has been hyped to the extreme, and I get the feeling that disagreeing with those who view it as the greatest Batman movie ever will put you in a minority.
Well, here at WhatCulture we love to go against the grain. If you’re feeling as disenfranchised as I am about Nolan’s Batman finale, you’ll already be preparing your counter-arguments for the army of fans you’ll surely face.
Why not let us help as we present just ten of the ways that The Dark Knight Rises just didn’t live up to its promises…There are huge spoilers after the jump if you are yet to see the movie!
You Might Also Like...
- Christian Bale: 5 Awesome Performances and 5 That Sucked
- The Dark Knight Rises Spoilers: How It Should Have Ended
- The Dark Knight Rises: 6 Best Merchandise For Your Batcave
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools