Ok well maybe I jumped the gun a little yesterday when I reported that the new poster for “The Dark Knight Rises” was photoshop fan-made style junk. Actually I still stand by that statement but at least yesterday we had the privilege of getting some new character banners from the UK to mend the wound.
The banners are still mostly common fair that don’t really branch out into anything groundbreaking, but at least they achieve what every fanboy always wants: “Badassery”! I know it’s not a real word but I think it fits in this instance.
Seeing the three pivotal characters of Batman, Bane, and Catwoman in the midst of a grainy filtered storm of ashy sleet like rain, creates a very powerful tone for the film. The others are far tamer and just show the characters clearly. Finally this much anticipated film is starting to feel like a reality.
If you missed them yesterday, you can see the images again below;
Clearly late May is the month that is heralding in the marketing onslaught of Rises. Just the other day I started seeing Rises toys pop up at a Wal Mart here in the states. (Of course I also saw a slashed open Mattel box on a cart with a big red sticker on it that said “Do not put on shelves until May 27th” but clearly no one was paying much attention to that.)
So buckle up Bat-fan because things are starting to really ramp up! I can’t wait for the ride because it may be a long time before another one comes along after July 20, 2012!
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools