The Box Office charts have been updated for the weekend and the big new release, Joel F*** Schumacher’s The Number 23 only managed to come in at second place. The film which has gathered negative reviews pretty much across the board, took in just short of $15 million which will in all likelihood be deemed as… fair.
It’s not going to do much for Jim Carrey’s career though, who outside of his outrageous comedies and family fun… is not a bankable actor.
Ghost Rider suffered a big drop of 56.6% but it still maintained it’s top spot for a second week and has currently made $10 million more than Mark Steven Johnson’s last Marvel superhero movie Daredevil did at the same point of it’s release.
The other new releases were the hideous looking Reno 911: Miami which took in around $10 million, which is about as much as that flick could have expected and The Astronaut Farmer which has to be deemed a disappointment opening at number 9!
Could we say February was a better month for film than January? Probably not actually, but 2007 still hasn’t really felt like it has got going yet. Although the four films I have seen so far, I’ve enjoyed a lot.
23 February 2007 (Sunday Estimates)
|1.||Ghost Rider (2007)||$19.7M||$78.7M|
|2.||The Number 23 (2007)||$14.9M||$14.9M|
|3.||Bridge to Terabithia (2007)||$13.6M||$46.2M|
|4.||Reno 911!: Miami (2007)||$10.4M||$10.4M|
|6.||Music and Lyrics (2007)||$8M||$32.1M|
|8.||Daddy’s Little Girls (2007)||$5.25M||$25.6M|
|9.||The Astronaut Farmer (2007)||$4.51M||$4.51M|
|10.||Amazing Grace (2006)||$4.3M||$4.3M|
Opening next week…
source – box office mojo
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools