Glitches are usually a sign that a video game developer just hasn’t put enough time into refining their product and ironing out the flaws, but on occasion, it can in fact be so hilarious or simply so accidentally ingenious that it improves the game, and at the very least, makes the gaming experience a more memorable one. Here are 10 games – most of them already good, mind – that have had us more engrossed because of their memorable glitches, allowing the game to live on longer than it otherwise would have.
10. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – The Knife Of God
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is for the most part an extremely polished game that has clearly gone through a lot of bug testing, but that didn’t stop this one sneaking through. When on the game’s Isla Inocentes map, the player is – or rather, was, given that this was patched over two years ago – by hitting the sweet spot, able to reduce a large building to rubble with the mere slash of a blade, made all the more hilarious given that the building is designed to withstand mortar strikes among other things.
Though it’s only a small component of the game, and in many eyes won’t do much to improve it, it provided a great few laughs before the spoilsports patched it, and certainly helped keep the game in our console for a while longer. Also, for a game that’s pretty damn serious, it’s a much-needed comic flourish and nice break in the action.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on November 1, 2012