Now that the next generations of consoles are mere months away from ruining the social lives of gamers everywhere, I felt it was time for a look back on some of the big titles of our past. With every new console featuring more and more games that really focus on online multiplayer, I also believed it was the perfect opportunity to revisit some of the best games from years gone by that featured fantastic local multiplayer.
For me, personally, multiplayer is so much more fun when playing with good friends while sitting in the same room. As someone who grew up smack dab in the middle of the PlayStation/N64 era, I honestly feel that both of these systems delivered some of the best multiplayer games ever to be released.
While I may focus on some of the great N64 games at a later date, this article is dedicated to my favourite multplayer games from the original PlayStation.
Plug in your multitaps and let’s get this thing started…
We are currently seeking Gaming contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Gaming contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand