Just in case you have been living under a rock for the past 15 years or so, Pokémon is a video game series, where you can catch over 600 monsters and force them to battle each other, or alternatively participate in contests, musicals or even sporting events with them.
The latest installment in the series, Pokémon X and Pokémon Y are due for a worldwide release on October 12th 2013. They add a new region and undoubtedly a lot more Pokémon to catch and train.
In this mass of miniature beasts, there are some down right creepy and weird Pokémon, that clearly got under some censors radar. I accept that not everyone has played Pokémon, so each entry has a brief description of what that Pokémon is.
In honour of Honedge’s recent announcement, the following are the top ten (in no particular order) creepy Pokémon of all time.
What is it: Drifloon is a balloon Pokémon and a Ghost/Flying type introduced in Pokémon Diamond & Pearl. It can only be caught on Fridays, which suggests it blows in to Sinnoh (the region for the aforementioned games), possibly from Unova (where Black/White and its sequels are set) as it can be found in a hidden place there.
Why it is creepy: It’s Pokédex entry for one of the games which reads; “It is whispered that any child who mistakes Drifloon for a balloon and holds on to it could wind up missing.”
So if you didn’t get that, it poses as a balloon and then kidnaps children. This is apparently normal in the Pokémon universe.
We are currently seeking Gaming contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Gaming contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand