The Mayans may have been wrong about the end of the world at the end of 2012 but this does not mean that the Apocalypse has halted – at some point, the world will end with either a bang or a whimper, and there’s pretty much nothing we can do to stop that slow march towards the inevitable. To prepare ourselves for the Rapture, Cataclysm- or whatever way you want to sugar coat it, the lovely people in the video game world have devised a plethora of games that can help us survive.
These games have a lot of diverse end-of-the-world themes too, from zombies, aliens and all out nuclear fallout. Here we count down the top ten games that can gives us handy tips on surviving when everything goes to Hell in a hand basket. So take notes…
10. Mortal Kombat
Let’s just say that there is probably another dimension out there, just waiting to open up a portal to Earth to conquer us.
The army would probably take care of it, or failing that the government- right? Wrong. What we need in the case of such emergency is a black belt in tae-kwon-do, karate or some other form of martial arts. Just because it’s a big, bad Otherworld doesn’t mean they won’t give the human race a fighting chance at defending it.
We are currently seeking Gaming contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Gaming contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand