Video Games nowadays are more complex and compelling than what they used to be from the 60s through the 80s. While some of them managed to tell stories in a very simple way, today, games are taken more into consideration in the eyes of the public. They demand compelling stories, great characters, awesome villains, stories that can make us cry or laugh, feel a wider range of emotions, just like the rest of the media. A great step, if you ask me.
So when video game companies are making a game they must make sure the story they’re telling is a good one, or else they encounter with the hatred of the community. And just like Movies and TV, sometimes they make plot twist that can either make the story an even greater one, or destroy it completely, leaving nothing else worth watching. This is something very risky because some people get very tired of them, or they are very predictable, making them completely useless.
So, today we’ll explore the ones who got it right, the plot twists that made us yell at the screen, that surprised us the first time we played them and will keep surprising us the next time we play them. But let’s set some rules first: Only one game per series, since some games in the list are part of really big sagas and if we counted every game of said franchises, the list won’t hate much diversity. So, that being said, let’s dive in. And just a quick reminder, there are several spoilers for various games, so if you don’t want to take the risk, better stop reading.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on April 9, 2013